Searching for online completion programs can be a bit tricky, since many schools don’t necessarily use the word “completion” in the names of their degree offerings. But virtually all colleges today are courting adult students who have taken some college courses, by offering very liberal credit transfer policies that can help you use the the credits you’ve got to get finished with school faster. Here’s a listing of schools that are particularly friendly to credit transfer in several different ways: (Nursing is a specialized area where completion degrees are popular. Click here to go to a list of schools offering nursing completion degrees online)
Kaplan University is a very large and well-known online school, with over 270 online degree programs across the full range of certificate, associate, bachelors and graduate levels. It offers numerous “advanced start” degrees in communications, many different business specialties, information technology, teaching, health science and criminal justice.
- Kaplan can accept up to 75% of credits for undergraduate degrees from previous learning at another school. At least 50% of the major or “core” requirements for your degree need to be taken from Kaplan.
- No more than 50% of total credits will be accepted in transfer toward a certificate program.
- Transfer or prior learning credit can be given, pending a review by Kaplan, for either college courses documented on an official transcript or through experiential credit.
- Credits can be awarded for CLEP, DANTES, AP, DLPT or ET test passage.
- The student needs to get credit approval before starting school at Kaplan.
- Kaplan also has agreements with a large number of community colleges around the U.S. that ease transfer of credits toward a full bachelor’s degree at Kaplan.
Large online school offers a vast number of bachelor completion programs in healthcare administration, accounting and finance, international business, computer forensics, internet security, law enforcement, marketing and others.
Credit is provided through a Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) to provide credit for knowledge the modern adult learner may already have.
BACHELOR AND ASSOCIATE DEGREE COMPLETION PROGRAMS:
– Associates degree credits accepted on a “block” basis, as well as acceptance of individual course credits from a previous school, up to a maximum of half of the total for the bachelor’s degree you are taking from AIU.
– Credit transfer allowed for previous college work, military training, standardized examinations (CLEP), experiential learning and professional training & certifications.
– Offers a variety of accelerated degree programs.
Get information on American Intercontinental
Nursing Completion Degrees
Many schools offer programs that allow nurses who have some experience and education to finish a bachelor’s degree, an important credential in nursing. Almost all “RN to BSN” degree programs, as they’re typically called, do require that you have an RN license to apply. Some also ask that you have an ADN, although quite a few will allow applicants to complete some of the associates or ADN degree requirements at the same time as they do their bachelor’s degree work. Schools offering BSN completion degrees online include:
Kaplan has more than 40,000 students on 11 campuses and in it’s online degree programs. The school’s tuition fees are in a relatively moderate range, and it has a good policy on accepting previous nursing school credits:
Get free info on Kaplan’s RN to BSN program
San Diego, CA-based school, Ashford University offers a vast array of online degrees across the range from associate to bachelor and masters, including an RN to BSN degree.
Get information on Ashford’s online RN to BSN program
(Ashford University is accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission, 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wascsenior.org.) Certain degree programs may not be available in all states. For more information about on-time completion rates, the median loan debt of students who completed each program, and other important information, please visit: http://ashforddisclosures.com.
Wilkes is a private university located in Pennsylvania. If you have enough transfer credits for previous work, this program can generally be completed in about two years:
Get free info on Wilkes University’s RN to BSN program