Searching for online completion programs can be a bit tricky, since many schools don’t necessarily use the word “completion” in the names of their degree offerings. But virtually all colleges today are courting adult students who have taken some college courses, by offering very liberal credit transfer policies that can help you use the the credits you’ve got to get finished with school faster. Here’s a listing of schools that are particularly friendly to credit transfer in several different ways:
|American Intercontinental University
Western Governors University
Large online school offers a vast number of bachelor completion programs in healthcare administration, accounting and finance, international business, computer forensics, internet security, law enforcement, marketing and others.
Credit is provided through a Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) to provide credit for knowledge the modern adult learner may already have.
BACHELOR AND ASSOCIATE DEGREE COMPLETION PROGRAMS:
- Associates degree credits accepted on a “block” basis, as well as acceptance of individual course credits from a previous school, up to a maximum of half of the total for the bachelor’s degree you are taking from AIU.
- Credit transfer allowed for previous college work, military training, standardized examinations (CLEP), experiential learning and professional training & certifications.
- Offers a variety of accelerated degree programs.
Get information on American Intercontinental
Capella offers bachelor’s completion degree programs in business and information technology, with a “petition for credit” option that allows you to bypass classes on topics you already know about and finish faster. Prospective students should ask admissions counselors about credit transfer, after which they may be asked to go through a “prior learning assessment.”
BACHELOR COMPLETION DEGREES:
- Based on prior learning assessment, accepts up to 75% of credits toward total program from previous schoolwork.
- Up to 50% of credits required can be fulfilled through previous experiential learning, after prior learning assessment.
- Up to 45 credits applied from CLEP tests.
- Credit awarded for DANTES tests, AP tests and IB Diploma scores.
Get information on Capella
Keiser University offers a Bachelor in Health Science completion degree for students who have already completed an associates degree in a health field. The program is designed to build leadership skills for more managerial jobs in healthcare, and can be done with a concentration in management or health care education. A BS completion degree is also offered in Information Technology Management.
- At least the final 25% of the bachelor program must be completed at Keiser. Other credit transfer is granted based on transcript review.
Get information on Keiser
Western Governors is strong on giving students credit for knowledge they have, measured through assessment tests. The school doesn’t use traditional credits, but has a top quality accreditation from Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. Degree programs in computer information systems, finance, marketing, nursing and human resource management.
FOR BACHELOR’S DEGREES – allows credit transfer from associate degree program, or for previous schoolwork based on a course-by-course transcript evaluation. Credit given only for pre-determined course subjects:
- Nursing RN to BSN: up to 99 credit units can be accepted for previous study or RN licensure.
- Business: up to 60 credits accepted for previous study, pending course review.
- Teaching: Up to 60 CUs can potentially be cleared via transfer waivers.
- Information Technology: maximum of 61 credits transferable.
Get information on Western Governors University