Completing a business degree can be a good strategy if you have a clear goal of what type of job you want to open the door to. The degree can also be a very reachable goal even if the course credits you got in the past are not in business subjects.
Using Your Old Credits
The general structure of the bachelor’s degree is about the same across all specialties. It will require approximately 120 credits in total, and include a foundation of “general education” courses in English, psychology, communications, social science and other liberal arts subjects that come before the more specialized “core” business courses. If you completed some of the liberal arts courses at another school, you may have a good opportunity to transfer those credits toward your business degree, even if you originally set out to be an English major.
Business majors tend to be very motivated by the idea of earning more money. There are variations in the value of business degrees.
Pay Versus Career Stability
Accounting tends to be a less glamorous area, but also pays well and can offer an extremely stable career path. A business degree in healthcare or retail management, on the other hand, probably makes the most sense if you have already built up some specific work experience that makes you feel strongly about going into one of those categories.
Business programs also teach transferable skills like leadership, bookkeeping and basic management that can remain useful even if you change careers several times later on in life. Here is a list of business completion degrees now being offered by various online schools including religious, nonprofit and proprietary colleges.
American Intercontinental University Online
– Allows “block” credit transfer of a full associates degree and/or acceptance of credits from previous individual courses, up to half of the total credits for an AIU bachelor degree.
– Credit transfer allowed toward bachelors degree for previous college work, military training, standardized examinations (CLEP), experiential learning and professional training & certifications. Some credit transfers require a prior learning assessment (PLA)
– Offers a variety of accelerated degree programs allowing students to take two courses per each five weeks (starting with second term at AIU). Programs begin every five weeks.
Business completion and accelerated degree programs include:
Bachelor’s (BBA) in Management
Bachelor’s (BBA) in Healthcare Management
Bachelor’s (BBA) in Accounting & Finance
Bachelor’s (BBA) in Marketing
Bachelor’s (BBA) in International Business
Bachelor’s (BBA) in Marketing
Bachelor’s (BBA) in Entrepreneurship
Plus other Business Bachelor degrees.
Plus over 15 MBA programs in Healthcare Administration, Finance, Operations Management, Accounting and more.
Get free information on American Intercontinental University Online
Kaplan University is a very large and well-known online school, with over 270 online degree programs across the full range of certificate, associate, bachelors and graduate levels. It offers numerous “advanced start” degrees in communications, many different business specialties, information technology, teaching, health science and criminal justice.
– Kaplan can accept up to 75% of credits for undergraduate degrees from previous learning at another school. At least 50% of the major or “core” requirements for your degree need to be taken from Kaplan.
– No more than 50% of total credits will be accepted in transfer toward a certificate program.
– Transfer or prior learning credit can be given, pending a review by Kaplan, for either college courses documented on an official transcript or through experiential credit.
– Credits can be awarded for CLEP, DANTES, AP, DLPT or ET test passage.
– The student needs to get credit approval before starting school at Kaplan.
– Kaplan also has agreements with a large number of community colleges around the U.S. that ease transfer of credits toward a full bachelor’s degree at Kaplan.
Business degrees offered online by Kaplan include:
BS Business Administration
BS Real Estate
BS Wealth Management
Get information on Kaplan University
Read More About Business Completion Degrees
- Value of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Versus a Full MBA
- Guide to Undergraduate Business Degrees & Careers
- Reasons to Consider a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
- Why Get A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management
- Specialized Business Degrees in Human Resources
- Getting a Bachelor’s Business Degree in Finance
- Bachelor’s Business Degrees in Accounting
- Benefits of a Bachelor of Business Degree in Marketing
- Full Listing of Bachelor’s Business Degree Schools Online by Degree Specialty